Vanderbilt University Associate Director of Development, College of Arts and Science in Nashville, Tennessee
Associate Director of Development, College of Arts and Science (Job Number: 1700645)
The Department of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) assists Vanderbilt University in securing the resources, both human and financial, that are required to achieve its mission and goals. The Department is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals and organizations whose charitable objectives are consistent with those of Vanderbilt University’s teaching and research programs.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Development and Alumni Relations, the Associate Director of Development assists in planning and implementing the programmatic vision for the college of Arts and Science development and alumni relations office.
In addition to identifying, cultivating, and soliciting alumni for major gifts, the Associate Director also supports the Associate Dean in coordinating operational services and activities, and helps to integrate Arts and Science major gift fundraising efforts with the work of the Director of Alumni Relations, the Annual Giving team, and other DAR colleagues.
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and close gifts of $100,000+ and above; develop solicitation strategies for potential major gift donors; make direct solicitations with or without Dean, key faculty, or fundraising volunteers
· Supports, trains, staffs and coordinates the activities of fundraising volunteers and key faculty members to include the Dean
· Manage a portfolio of approximately 75 major gift prospects and donors.
· Support the Associate Dean in coordinating operations regarding major gifts fundraising, alumni relations, and communications. This includes working with prospect research, gift processing and accounting, reporting and analysis, office management, budgeting, stewardship, DAR communications, and collaboration with Arts and Science and DAR colleagues as needed.
· Work with the Associate Dean to establish fundraising goals and strategies for annual and comprehensive campaigns.
· Support the Associate Dean in strengthening Arts and Science major gift pipeline.
· Represent the Associate Dean as needed.
Job requires Bachelor's and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
Three or more years of fundraising experience at a university, including direct gift solicitation of five and six figure gifts from individuals preferred.
A proven record of achievement in major gift fundraising.
Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
Familiarity with Vanderbilt and/or a solid understanding of a major research university.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a goal-oriented team environment.
Interpersonal skills and judgment suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with alumni, parents, and friends of the University.
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization: DAR- A&S Eng Pbdy Par 144420
Job: Development and Alumni Relations